Monday 5 October 2009

Job "Dis-service" Providers

I feel like I am turning into one of those grizzly old women that complain about everything.
Maybe I am just like that! But, to tell the truth I am fed up to the teeth with the lack of service from the government supported job service providers. They are feted as the governments commitment to the unemployed or newly unemployed.

Last week I walked over again to the "job service provider" to attend my mandatory sessions...you may remember I am contracted to attend their office twice a week or else I am in breach of contract and will not receive my unemployment benefit. I walked into the office to be told immediately that there were no computers and to come back tomorrow.

Am I the only person who finds this unacceptable? That little trip took 3 hours out of my job seeking that day and what is more the response from my "consultant" was "Oh well, there is nothing I can do about it". These people are funded to provide a job seeking environment for people and they cant even get together enough computers. Whilst I was there two other people arrived and were sent home also! How disrespectful.

The next day I did the same thing - again NO COMPUTERS and no chairs to sit in!

The next day - again the same thing! !!

Last week I wasted 9 hours trying to fulfill my obligations. It is ridiculous.

Does Julia Gillard have any idea about how her initiatives simply are not working?? Does she even understand that not are they only not working, they are turning recently unemployed job seekers into the long term unemployed?

When I asked the "job services consultant" why they continue to accept people when they do not have the facilities or staff the reply was "Centrelink just keep sending them and we have to take them!!"
So, is the real issue the Centrelink staff or the contractedf Job Service Providers?

I have had some responses from people who have experienced exactly the same lack of support from the particular job service provider.

If you feel you are not being fairly treated please leave a comment. The more people start to voice their concerns the more chance they have of getting an appropriate and helpful SERVICE in place.
After all if you dont find a job then you become a long term unemployed!


No comments:

Post a Comment